"Me before You" movie review

Me before You.

 

This is a book adaptation and don't worry I will not be comparing the movie to the book mainly because I have not read it. This movie has been the hype for the pass few weeks. But did it live up to the hype? Let's get on with the review.

Plot:  Louisa Clark (Emilia Clarke) is a small town girl who struggles to find a job in order to support her family. So, when she was offered a huge sum of money to be a companion to a quadriplegic man, she immediately took up the offer. There she meets Will Traynor (Sam Clafin) who is wheelchair-bound and has a sarcastic attitude. They don't get along at first but as time progresses, their relationship progresses too. Then, came a time where something about Will is revealed and Louisa struggles to accept that which changes a whole bunch of things.

Verdict : First of all, it didn't make me cry. It made me smile a lot though. Many parts I found myself just smiling away and then realising that "WOW, did they just make me involuntarily smile?". There were many sweet moments that tugs at your heart and then there are moments you want to give Will a huge hug and convince him that everything will be okay.

The progression of their relationship was very normal. There was no dramatic fall and catch or anything like that which I really liked. It was something that could have happened in real life, something that wasn't forced and something completely normal. Like if I were to meet a handsome, insanely rich, quadriplegic man, these series of events have high chances to occur too. 

This movie was very aesthetic. From the sceneries to Louisa's wardrobe to Will's face, everything was beautiful and such eye candies. It was a treat for the eyes especially Will. (Have I mentioned that before)

The cast played their role wonderfully. Considering the fact that Clafin had to do the entire movie with only his face, he did an amazing job. Facial expressions on point, on fleek or whatever kids say these days. Clarke was so charming and a little annoying, I just wanted to pinch her cheeks and punch her face at the same time. But that means she acted really well. Good job to the other casts also. Dr.Nathan, I have my eyes on you.

*Don't read the next part of you don't wana be spoiled*

Again, don't read this part if you don't want spoilers. 
So Will decides to take his life because he can't imagine living his life being crippled. He applies to a mercy killing company and he gets approved to do it. I don't know if this is classified as suicide and I had to stop for 5 minutes and figure out what I feel about this. Of course I don't support Will's decision to die but at the same time, I strongly believe that every human has the complete right on what to do with their life. So, Will had all the rights to die and I appreciate how in the movie they didn't show it as a bad thing. More like Will's escape from his living hell. But that part was sad. :(

*END OF SPOILERS*

Overall verdict: It is good movie. Smooth sailing and feels all the way. I'd give it 3.2/5.0.

Go check out all ma socialsss. Links at the top bar or just search my name (Dheephikha). Okay thats all for todayy. BYE

With little bit of love,
Dheephikha

 

Share:

0 comments