Internship at Jabatan Bomba (Fire fighting Department) !

Many people were intrigued when I said I was doing my internship at Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia (Fire fighting and Rescue Department of Malaysia)

Exhibit #1


SO this post will be me explaining to you what I did and all that with a little bit of extra salt and pepper. Be ready to see me all bomba-fied. 

FAQs:

1. What you doing in bomba? Putting out fire ah? *Followed by an annoying laughter*

HAHAHAHHA So funny. NO. First of all, it will be an amazing privilege to be a part of the team that puts out the fire but I am not qualified for it. I was a part of the Fire Investigation Team who comes in after the fire has been put out to investigate the cause of fire and so on.

2. What does forensic has to do with Bomba?

Fire investigation is a part of the Forensic Science's curriculum. Since Bomba does all fire related investigations, forensic students are very much required in this field. We are required to find the cause of fire and where the fire originated from. It is especially important to find out whether the fire was arson or accidental fire.

3. So you can work with Bomba after?

Yes I can but I must become a Pegawai Bomba (Fire fighting Officer) first.

4. How was my experience working there?

One word. Amazing and eye-opening. That was literally 4 words. *pats my back*. Anyhow, I always wanted to do my internship at the Jabatan Bomba since my first year. I don't know why but something about fire investigation intrigues me. The fact that a fire investigator is able to pin point the exact place the fire began and what caused the fire is such an amazing skill. 

I did my internship at Bahagian Penyiasatan Kebakaran (Fire Investigation Division), Sri Rampai KL. I did my internship along with two other interns who enhanced my entire experience. We tagged along with the officers when there is a case and they taught us everything they know. 


5. The best parts of the internship?

a. Definitely the officers. 
They gave a 100% in teaching us and they put in so much effort in order to make us understand what fire investigation is all about.  I have heard many terrible internship stories where the interns are completely ignored by their supervisor but I was very lucky to be a part of an amazing and enthusiastic team. Let's not forget all the food they belanja us haha. Who wouldn't like to work with abam2 Bomba amirite?

b. Going for cases. 
We had the privilege to go for 12 cases and it was an amazing experience! We went for some night cases too which lasted for hours and we came back to the office at 4 am! That look everyone gives you when you get down from the Fire Investigation Van is the best feeling ever. Like woaahh who are these badass girls?

c. Traveling to work. 
I stayed in Plaza Rah, Kampung Bharu and traveled by riding a motorcycle with my friend. Riding on a motorcycle in the roads of KL is difficult and exciting at the same time. I am going to miss the rides to and fro, cruising the jam of KL.

d. Night standbys. 
We did night standbys twice a week. We had our own beds with AC. Numerous times we were disrupted from our beauty sleep to attend a case and I loved it. Investigation at night is an entirely different experience.

e. An amazing learning experience. 
Reaching the end of my internship, I was very satisfied as I have fully used my time here. I came with zero knowledge and now I leave with buckets of valuable knowledge. 

 Overall, thank you to all the amazing officers who took so much time off their days to teach us and make us more knowledgeable. THANKSSSSS. 

The pictures are below. No pictures from the scene cause that is confidential. Also, all the pictures are AFTER DUTY.


A small part of the Bomba team. This picture was taken during my lecturer's visit (The one in the pink hijab)

That's me during my presentation. My hair tho. HAHA


I chose this picture cause no one was ready. HARHAR

What happens when the investigation drags till 4 am

Do embrace our crazyness and my burnt smokey face.

 
That's me being a badass


With Fatin!

The three interns :) Aten, DP and Sumi






Electrical class where we learned how to burn down your house without a trace. Muahehe

Me and my friend Mr.GCMS


The office!



More electrical classes

My fab placeeee

Failed DAB. WTH you two doing?



And with this, you can see that I loved this amazing opportunity. Is Fire investigation my calling? Maybe. I don't know yet. But I definitely loved it!

You can see more pictures on my instagram and other socials. Do follow mehh. All the links at the top of the page under the social tab. Thanks for reading. If you have any questions regarding this, fire away in the comment section below. See what I did there?


PS: I put the BOMB in BOMBA
 
Okay thanks bye

With little bit of love,
 Dheephikha

Share:

5 comments

  1. Good write up and looks like you enjoyed your internship in Bomba.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu! And yes, I enjoyed it thoroughly!

      Delete
  2. saya bakal intern pada disember 2017 tapi saya bahagian building services and we do study about fire protection system. is it okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,, did you get any allowance during your internship?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sister,I'm terisha here and currently doing diploma in law enforcement....I having a thought to do my internship at Jabatan Bomb...can I know how you apply for it and how should I apply

    ReplyDelete