Feeling 22

Being 22 is a weird phase in life. You are in the middle of a being teenager and an adult. You take most of your decisions but you still need your mom to set up a Doctor's appointment.You can buy your own clothes but you need the money from your parents. LULZ.   

Anyhow, this post isn't to rant on how bad or awesome being 22 is. It's about feeling empowered being a 22 year old and taking proper decisions. HAHA just kidding. This post is totally a rant on how awesome or bad being 22 is. Btw, a reminder to my future self who might be reading this years from now; tomorrow I am having my finals and here I am sitting down writing this piece.USELESS DHEEPHIKHA. And also, I just turned 22 today! (14th June) Hence this post. 

Coming back to the topic of being 22, there's that Taylor Swift song that you may or may not have heard. It's not like its famous or anything. It's not like EVERY person who turns 22 uses this song as their birthday post's caption. NAH. 



Honestly Taylor, you better make a new song titled "23" before the next 14th of June so I can steal it and make it a caption for my photos on my next birthday. Heck, I'm gonna make the title of this post "Feeling 22". And if you don't know what song I'm talking about (probably cause you were stuck with Spongebob in Bikini Bottom for 10 millenniums) it's okay, go search it and listen to it and embrace your inner swiftie. 





And also, I don't know if its only me but becoming 22 is like a tsunami right up in your nostrils. It comes unexpectedly and leaves you gasping for air. I SWEAR I was a fetus just 3 months ago and now I am suddenly 22 years old??!!. And next you're going to tell me that next year I will be 23? UNBELIEVABLE. Sometimes, I feel I need to stapler a calendar to my eyeballs so that I am aware of the date and the year. Time flies so fast, faster than Kylie Jenner's lip kit being sold out. 


That's me in the background, realising that I'm getting older.

 Being 22 is also when we compare ourselves with  those who are younger than us and yet are significantly more successful. Completely beating ourselves up for not being like the others and then realising that we're just 22, there's still a bucket load of time left. This is the time where we are questioning our motive in life and thinking about future possibilities. Most of us are about to finish our studies and next will be finding a job, getting our own place, marriage and bleh bleh. GOD, that became boring so quickly. Here's a man in tutu for your amusement:



 
It's so surreal that I'm 22 now. Can't stop thinking about how life has changed and how I have changed as a person. Although I should stop and maybe START STUDYING? Anyhow, I am happy with how things are and I hope that things will get better for me and for all those reading this. Let's all have a good life, aight? Okay, let's do this part together; pause for a while and think of all the things you are grateful for now at this moment, inhale all that positive energy from those thoughts into you and exhale all the nasty bits. DO IT (preferably alone to avoid scaring other people).  *Laughs at my own jokes*

Thank you for all the facebook wishes, whatsapp messages, calls, failed whatsapp calls( that thing doesn't work), twitter mentions and etc. Thanks for taking some time of your day to let me know that you care about my birth. You guys da bestest.

Have a good day/night/evening, whenever you're reading this. Hope you're smiling by the end of this post cause there's no bigger birthday gift for me than a smile from you. Stay whacky. 



Follow me on my socials (Link in my bio and under the socials tab, obviously). I post really amazing things there and by amazing I mean amazingly lame. Thank you for your time. 
Kbye.

PS: Now my blog is at 129,592 views. Can't wait to read this on my next birthday and see the number then! Thanks for all the support :)

With little bit of love,
Dheephikha

Share:

0 comments