15 reasons to watch Finding Dory.



1. Cause most of us waited ten thousand years to watch this.

Finding nemo came out years back in 2003. And Finding Dory just came out this week. You see how long we've been waiting for this? When finding nemo came out, we were kids and now for the sequel, we're all grown up but do we care about flooding the cinema to watch a kid's movie? Hell no. When I watched the movie, there were literally 3 kids in the cinema. The rest were adults (the ones who brought the kids) and a majority of almost-adults (that's us!).


2. Dory is effing adorable.

Dory is such a sweet thing. And they portrayed her so well that I keep on forgetting that she is a fish and not a real human being. Disney is increasing my expectations on Dory fishes cause the next time I see a regal blue tang, I'm going to expect it to be as adorable and entertaining as Dory herself.  AND BABY DORY IS THE CUTEST! I wanna hug that little fella.  Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming


3. It's like going back in time. None of them has aged.

The story starts a year after Nemo was found which means nothing much changed from 'Finding Nemo'. Marlin is still the over protective father, Nemo is still the cute lil guy with a cute little fin, Dory is as forgetful as ever, and surfer turtle is still high af. The only thing that changed was outside the movie ; the audience who watched it. 
 

4. Ellen Degeneres' voice.

I loveeee Ellen. She's an amazingly funny person and her voice as Dory's voice is like fish and chips; a match made in heaven. Err no offence, Dory. I completely lost it when Dory communicates to her whale friend, Destiny and her voice modulation was epic. I laughed my pants off, really. My only wish now is to see Ellen herself doing it on screen so I can laugh even more. I'm going to tweet to Ellen every single day and ask her to do it. IT HAS TO HAPPEN.


5. Everyone goes missing.

The most stressful part of the movie is that everyone goes missing. At least in finding Nemo, only Nemo went missing but in this movie, Dory, her parents, Marlin and Nemo gets lost. They get separated and reunited, of course after a crazy amount of stressful agendas. Maybe they should have named it 'Finding Everybody' Lol kiddinggg.

6. The visuals.

The visuals were amazing. They looked very real. Almost like it was the real deal. I felt as if these were actual fishes in the actual sea instead of it being an animation. Technology really astonishes me. I hope by the time the part 3 comes out( if it ever happens) , it'll be so real until I can feel water splashing on me.


7. The little birdie story at the beginning.

I really hope they played this short clip before every screening. It was a short story about a baby birdie who's learning on hunting for clams at the sea but is afraid of the waves. If you didn't get a chance to watch it, do let me know in the comments and I'll find a link to show it to you. I absolutely loved it. First of all, it was amazingly adorable. That little birdie made my day. I love videos that are short and yet are able to leave an impact on you. There were no dialogues used, meaning, the message delivery was solely based on the body language and they nailed it. Amazing really.

8. Nemo and Marlin

Marlin was as usual making sure Nemo doesn't get lost again and Nemo has actually gotten wiser. He was super sarcastic to his father at one time and I was like ' Whoaa. Sassy,boy!'. Is it okay to address Nemo as a boy when he actually is a fish? I hope it doesn't offend any fishes.  Anyhow, I could relate so much to Marlin. He says stupid things when he is agitated and immediately regrets it later. That's me.


9. Dory's parents

Dory's parents are the most patient fishes ever. Well, I've never met any impatient fishes before. ANYWHO, they are amazing parents. Heck, they are even better than half of the human parents. They treat their child with so much care and are never tired of answering her same repeated questions again and again. A superb message to all parents that your child might not be the most amazing god's gift with artistic and athletic skills and that they can have a million imperfections but you have to embrace that and help them to get better instead of abandoning them.


10. Destiny and Bailey. 

Destiny is a whale shark and Bailey is a beluga whale. They are absolute friendship goals. Destiny is half-blind and keeps on hitting walls. Bailey thinks he has a problem with his head cause it looks swollen but you know how beluga whales look like right? You don't know? I'll put a picture below. Stupid. Basically, they hate each other but they end up TOLERATING each other. AKA most of my relationships. 

Bailey and Destiny
 


11. Hank the septapus

Hank is a octopus but he lost one of his tentacles so now he's a septapus. He is like that grumpy old uncle who snarls at you but still gives you pocket money and food all the time. He is like an ugly brown cake but with gooey chocolate filling in it. You get the idea. 


12. Their method of transportation

I was wondering how these fishes are going to travel out of the water and they did it so eloquently well. They almost died doing it but they didn't. They literally flew from one place to another and used other animals to be their vehicle. It was super creative and funny!


13. Becky.

Remember that transportation we spoke about earlier? Yeah, becky was one of it. She is a really effed up bird who is AWESOME. Oroo-oroo-oroooo. I also wanna sit in a bucket and have Becky carry me around. SOMEONE TELL ME HOWWW.




14. The ship of Dorlin

Let me tell you something. The ship of Dorlin (Dory + Marlin) has sailed. It's super weird that I want these two fishes to marry and live a happy life but hey, a girl can dream. Their  scenes were super cute and they are the real #relationshipgoals

 

15.  All the childhood feels.

They took me back to 13 years ago and I loved every minute of it.



And those are the 15 reasons why you should watch Finding Dory! Let me know your experience with this movie in the comments below. Let's have a conversation and share thoughts!

Follow meh on my twittah and ainstagramhh. Also, check out my facebook page yaw. Links are at the side bar and the top bar. K have fun bye

With little bit of love,
Dheephikha

Share:

0 comments