Things I learnt in a Convent/ All-girl School



AAhhh. How I miss my school days. I studied at Tarcisian Convent,Ipoh ( All my TCS homies say heyyyooo!). And bruh, it was one of the best periods of my life. So I have listed down 20 things I learnt from my all-girls school. Leggos

1. A pinafore can be styled in about 54 ways.

I'm not even kidding. We all be wearing the same pinafore but when you look closely, you can see we all have our different styles. EG: the buckle opened, collars spiked up, unbuttoned buttons, the buckle open with the zip undone all the way. Some go the extra mile and wear the pinkest, most neon-est bra which can obviously be seen through the white shirt.


2. There's a little Lesbian in all of us.

We are all mostly straight but girls from a convent school or an all-girls school can relate to this. Y'all have that senior who you look up to and "admire". Sounds familiar? That's what I thought.

3. Cat fights don't last.

5 years from school and I can remember all those small cat fights and enemies I had in school. And, I also know that those things doesn't last. Now, whenever I meet them, I'm more than happy to say Hi and exchange a few words of care. 

4. If you buy milo ais during recess, you're rich AF.

Milo ais was expensive back then about 70 cents, i think? But it was a huge sum of money to spend on a drink and when one of your friends buy one, you can't help but think that they are probably super wealthy.

5. Being a prefect means you break the rules without getting caught.

 I was a prefect and I have used that to my advantage more than once. Go late for class and when the teacher asks why, I'd say ,"Tugas cikgu". Pretty much all the prefects can relate to this. Teachers day celebration and the entire prefectorial board is at the hall, wasting time instead of going to class, kononnya helping out with the preparation. Aaahh good days.

6. Staybacks are not always for studying purposes.

How many of y'all stayed back in school just to loiter around with your friends? Rightttttt. We'd be hanging out at the padang, sipping our coke and just enjoying the fact that you're at school doing nothing.

7. Friends come in all shapes and sizes.

No, I don't mean fat or skinny. I mean they all have different attitudes and multiple personalities. But we accept everyone just the way they are and embrace everyone's weirdness. Cause let's face it, we convent girls are pretty weird.

8. Male teachers

HAHA. DON'T EVEN DENY THIS! We shipped everyone with any of the male teachers. My school had 3 male teachers and I pity them,man. I remember one of my friends had to give out an award to a male teacher for Teacher's Day and the entire hall shouted,"HUG! HUG! HUG!" That was hilarious as hell. Yeah, we handle testosterone pretty well. *pats back*

9. Crying is for the weak.

Those from a co-ed school or a boy's school may think that when you step into a Convent school, all you can hear is girls crying with all the simultaneous PMS that's going on. BUT BRUH, let me tell you something. A girl from a convent school does not cry easily. Go test it out if you dare. 

10. We slayed during PJ (Pendidikan jasmani)

And by slayed, I mean we played musang dan ayam or harimau dan kambing. Where the tallest girl becomes the Mak Ayam. LMAO Now, let me tell you. If there was a olympic game of musang dan ayam, Malaysia will be grabbing all the medals. 

11. Period announcements.

"Hey, why she didn't come school one week adi la?" 
"Oh, you don't know ah? She got her period la. (Like finally) So, one week house arrest".
*In an extremely loud voice* 
 And BOOM, the entire school knows. When you come to school the next week, better be ready with a face mask to cover your humility. Harhar

12. Girls can carry heavy things.

Boys are practically mythical creatures in a convent school and ain't no one needs them to carry heavy things. We girls can carry anything. Once, me and my friends even carried our friend who couldn't walk. How bout that?

13. Different groups/gangs do exists.

We all have our different gangs who we usually hangout during recess with. You know, that one table or spot during recess which is reserved for your gang. Someone else better not take that spot.

14. Study groups barely work.

Study groups don't work unless exam is tomorrow and you need to pass badly. Study groups are usually 10 minutes of flipping the book and 50 minutes of chatting about everything.

15. Getting invited to a birthday party is a huge deal.

Birthday parties are a pretty big deal in convent school and if you get invited to one, you'd be the happiest person. Discussing what to wear and what to buy for the birthday girl. The parties are usually pretty simple with games and food. NO we don't get drunk or anything like that. pfft.

16. Silent reading is actually not silent at all.

My experience with silent reading is that its the time to gather up everyone and talk ghost stories. My teachers are cool af as they let us do what we want during silent reading most of the time la. Silent reading is probably the noisiest period.

17. Tuition centres made us realise that an all girl school is heaven.

Cause boys are annoying.  Kiddingggg

18. Goodbyes are hard.

That last day of school. We balled our eyes out. I remember in form 2, at the end of the year my entire class were in tears because the next year, we'd be in different classes. I mean, we'd still be in the same school, just different class. Geez, attached much?

19. Meetups are even harder.

After school, it's SO DAMN DIFFICULT to get everyone together and probably never will.

20. High school friends last a lifetime.

High school friends are definitely gonna be there to annoy me for the rest of my life and maybe even after. You know the saying,"Best friends are made in High schools"? You don't know? That's cause I just made it up. Harhar. TBH, it's amazing how friends from high school stay as friends despite going on different paths and not meeting up for long periods. That's true friendship right there! 


 And that's the 20 things I learned from studying in a Convent school. If you liked it and could relate to it, do let me know. Share this if you laughed at least a little or maybe even a small smile. :) DO comment on your experience in your school.  

Follow meh on twittah and ainsthagramh. Links at the top bar.
Okay byeeee.

With little bit of love,
Dheephikha

 

Share:

30 comments

  1. i can relate to all of these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy. Thanks for letting me know. Hope you enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyyyooo!Totally can relate to these :) I studied in TCS 1985-1995 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowww! That's amazing! I was the 2011 batch.

      Delete
  4. Good one babe. Lotsa memories just in a sec.! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. True true, however instead of milo ais we have chicken chop...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. That's definitely an upgrade. Haha

      Delete
  6. Omg i am from convent b'worth and this all 20 things that u learn its totally related to all my friends from convent XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really. That's really good. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  7. Seriously reading this, make me reminisce all the good times.really miss that moment. We grew up but the memories stay 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very true. Memories last a lifetime

      Delete
  8. Seriously reading this, make me reminisce all the good times.really miss that moment. We grew up but the memories stay 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. From a different convent school, but I could relate! Your blog made me miss my classmates. :) Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have a meetup now! To catch up and then you guys can read this together. :)

      Delete
  10. Yeah I'm from a Convent school too, I can totally relate. Thank you for making my day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now milo ais already 1.50 :O Woah it increased so much! Ex tarcisian 2015

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could relate. My friend and I could move those dusty cupboards while we're helping teacher in the library

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can relate to each and everything. You brought back beautiful memories and tears of joy. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it:)

      Delete
  14. Was in convent for 2 years and I've never read anything more relatable hahahahaha. Great post! I blog too btw, at alanisaladin.blogspot.com . Check it out if you have the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks fellow blogger! And you're blog is so amazing, I feel like hugging it!

      Delete
  15. No matter in which convent we study we all experience the same thing!!! It's so true!! Studying in convent it will be always be a great experience for everyone... From convent bukit mertajam Penang ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah yesss. That's cause we all awesomeee.

      Delete
  16. Hai, can i gt d class pic
    Looks lk my class

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have described the experience of studying in a convent school in Siliguri on point. 
    Thanks for such a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete