15 reasons to watch JIL JUNG JUK

15 reasons to watch JIL JUNG JUK.



1. The title"Jil Jung Juk" 

You cannot predict what type of story this is going to be just by looking at the title. "Jil Jung Juk" dahell does that mean. Let me break it down for you. Based on the wise words of Mr. Vadivelu from the movie Kadhalan, Jil means Good, Jung means Average and Juk means Bad. If you don't know what movie "Kadhalan" is then you're too young my child. Kadhalan came out in 1994 (the year I was born) and if I managed to watch it from my baby crib, what excuses do you have? Anyhow, back to Jil Jung Juk, you know that it is about 3 boys but you have no idea what they are going to do. Trust me, these 3 boys are going to blow your minds. Such an intriguing title.
    

2. Etaki Entertainment

This is the name of Siddharth's production company and bruh, its one helluva production machine. I have a huge feeling that in coming years, any movie by this production is gonna be a massive hit boom kaboom. MARK MY WORDS. Siddharth himself told me (and his other 2 Million Followers on twitter) that " Entertainment was set up to make new age cinema. No shortcuts. No lazy choices as a producer. The next announcement is coming. SOON!". He does love being a producer and when someone does something they love passionately, it can never go wrong.  

3. The songs

Bro, have you listened to the songs in this movie? If yes, *fist bump*. If no, STAHP go listen now podaa. Vishal Chandrasekhar is the man behind the singing kuruvis *winkwink*. "Shoot the kuruvi". This song became a global phenomenon which led to a massive demonstration by all the kuruvis because we humans are threatening to shoot them. Lol kidding I'm stupid. If you have not watched this song's video go watch it cos its hilarious. They sing it so seriously and yet super comical. And the other songs are also mind-blowers( does that word even exist). It's my jam right now and I'm gonna play it everywhere; my wedding, my funeral, errthang. So yeah, vishal come here, take my virtual hug *HUGZZ* 

4. The cast

I'm pretty sure Deeraj (the director) and Siddharth (the producer) used black magic or some shizz to get the cast for this movie because they are absolutely perfect. Juk was my favourite cos he did all the stupid things that I'd probably do. You know when he took the wrong car? You don't know? Go watch the movie podaa. By the end of the movie, I wanted to grab all the actors from the screen and put them into my bag and bring them back to display on my cabinet. Seriously though, the cast did their part so well. Hats off, pants off, everything off.  AMAZING CAST.

5. The plot

The story happens at 2020, a post-apocalypse era where drug dealing and illegal gas collection becomes the main leisure time activity for the new age rowdies. Jil, Jung and Juk are assigned to transport 4 kilos of cocaine to a certain place to trade with some Chinese uncles. So the whole story is about how they do it and how they manage to escape from 2 big mafias. Okay Deeraj Vaidy, please take a bow for giving the most innovative way to transport a drug. Should I tell you how? That is the biggest spoiler in the movie. Should I ruin the suspense? YAS I WILL MUAHEHE. SO what they do is they make the drug into a type of pink strawberry flavoured paint and they painted the car with it. Genius right? Albert freaking Einstein didn't think of it and Deeraj did. 

6. The Intermission

The car flew ,hit a pole and BURST into flames. The audience BURST into a fit of laughter. INTERMISSION. The entire theater was laughing their pants off and I was legit scared that someone is going to choke and die. But we had to cut short our laughter cos the next scene started because in Malaysia we don't have interval breaks. To date this was the most funniest intermission ever.
 
7. The pink car

The pink car is literally everything in this movie. When the car blowed up, I was laughing and at the same time I was like DIEEEEE! So many emotions caused by one pink car. The fact that 3 grown men rode around in it was also comical and JUK BEING COLOUR BLIND WAS EPIC. Oops sorry spoiler. 

"Pink kaadi engge?"
"Ithuthaan pink kaadi"

I lost it man. I almost hit the person beside me because hitting myself and laughing wasn't enough. 
 

8. Jasmin Bhasin

Or in other words "Sonu Sawant". She's also the actress from Vaanam. "Baby, passes vaangithiyaa?". Yeah now you know. She has a small but significant role in this movie because the car is blown up to be used in a movie where she is playing the main role. So it was a movie in a movie. God, its like inception all over again. Anywhooo, I'm slightly obsessed with her because she's the lead in one of my favourite hindi drama "Tashan e-ishq". So yeah, I was excited when she came on screen. 

9. The jokes

The jokes are the best part of this movie IF you understand it. Some adult jokes, some teenagers jokes, some kids jokes, some uganda jokes. Overall, awesome jokes. 


10. No heroine

If there was a heroine in the movie, the car would have reached safely. But the movie would be bout 4 hours long with all the love songs and romantic scenes. So basically, this movie had no heroine which was okay cause the movie plot went quite well without a female lead. Probably if Siddharth knew I existed, he would have cast me as the heroine. K sure.

11. The promos

One of my favourite Youtube channel is "Put Chutney" and when I found out that Put Chutney and Jil Jung Juk combined to make a promo video, I may have screamed a little. "10 Elements of a Commercial Padam". You may have seen this cause its AWESOME AS EFF. The best promo to reach young audience cause everyone knows the y-gen just binge watch Youtube all day errday. Youtube is mah jam yo.

12. Audience feedback

For the first time ever in Tamil Industry, a released movie was edited to fit the audience's feedback. There was also another video with Put Chutney on how they made the movie crispier. According to many reviews, the second half was said to be draggy so the amazing Jil Jung Juk team edited it to make it shorter. Dude, that's great really. EVERYONE ELSE TAKE NOTE! After all, at the end of the day the audience must be satisfied.

13. The blue hair

Who looks amazing in BLUE hair? SIDDHARTH. What even bruh? It's unfair to be so darn good looking. Siddhu just took my heart and put in blender, made juice and drank it. 

14. The names of the characters

The names are so unique. I suggest you name your kids with any of these names:
- Nanjil Shivaji (Jil)
- Jungulingam (Jung)
- Jaguar Jagan (Juk)
- Rolex Rawther
- Attack Albert
- Marunthu
- Pai

2020'leh names ellam ippedi thaan irukkanum okay boys and girls? 

15. An awesome team

When you leave the theater, you will have a feeling of watching an amazing movie by an amazing team. Honestly speaking, it's time for the Tamil film industry to stop being mainstream and start coming up with innovative stories. Jil Jung Juk definitely nailed it and it can only get better. Its absolutely wonderful to see a team of youths producing such high quality art. I had fun watching it and it made me laugh. So, good job. Having said that, I strongly suggest y'all to go watch the movie cause it awesomeeeee! Movie was an absolute JIL.

PS: The capital of Uganda is Kampala.

okayy byeee. Follow meh on twittah and ainstagramh. Links at the top bar.

With little bit of love,
Dheephikha the kuruma kuruvi.

Share:

4 comments

  1. Kaa! Hebat ka! ����
    Am gonna watch this movie just because of you! Cleverly written! Such a smartieee������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaa! Hebat ka! ����
    Am gonna watch this movie just because of you! Cleverly written! Such a smartieee������

    ReplyDelete