Reasons why your matriculation days were probably the best.

I'm currently in my final year. *YAWN* Before I started my degree, I studied at the Johor Matriculation College in Tangkak. Waddup all the JMC homies say heyyyoo!.  

Anyhow, despite it being about almost 4 years leaving matriculation, I find myself having throwback moments and trust me it was not only on Thursdays. 
What was it about Matrics that made me smile at the ceiling, pretending a sweet song was playing in the background while I reminisce on the old memories?CAUSE MATRICS WAS AWESOME THATS WHY
And hence, these are the few reasons why your matriculation days were probably the best.

1.  First time leaving home.
 Your whole life you've been  cocooned in the comfort of your home and then BOOM, 17 years later, its time to fly little butterfly. Just the thought of having to go somewhere far and live on our own is thrilling but at the same time scary as eff. Its the first small step heading towards bigger, steeper, slippery steps.


2. We learned a whole bunch of new things about living without our parents/guardians
What do you mean I have to pay the washing machine to wash my clothes? I didn't have to pay my mom and she washed, dried AND folded my clothes. Plus she gave me food. Pffft. Besides learning how to do laundry, we also learned (the hard way) about money management. You often have to call your parents and ask for some extra money and you know they are going to tell that one dialogue, "Money doesn't grow on tree okay". YES IT DOES IT'S PAPER.


3. The people
First day of matriculation, you look around and see this sea of unknown faces. After registering, you carry your things and go to your room where you see three other people already unpacking; Your roommates. First day of class, you see about 20 others who are placed in the same practicum as you. 10 months later, these people would have been the ones who made your matrics life that much memorable. Meeting new people and making friends are the highlights of studying in matrics. Yeah yeah, I know you can make friends elsewhere also but this is different lah. Its difficult to explain something that you need to experience in order to understand.


4. Your roommates.
In matrics, each room would have 3 bumis and 1 non-bumi. Forget about all those 1Malaysia advertisements which are scripted and use paid actors. Bruh, you wana see some semangat 1Malaysia, go and document how roommates in matrics are. I had the privilege of having three of the bestest, most kindest girls as my roommate. We respected each other and the difference in our religion never once caused any problems between us. Many others can relate to this, I'm sure. One of my roommate even made sure that I prayed everyday before I left to class. Till now, my memories with my roomies are the best!


5. Your friends
 I have heard countless amount of people saying that the friends they had in matrics are the ones that they know they can count on for now and always. It's like some holy god of friendship match-made the perfect group of friends in matrics who are destined to be friends for life. The fun and laughter with my matrics friends was the reason why my matrics experience was amazing.

6. Heart-breaks
Many learn about love and heart breaks in matrics and yes this is a good thing. I've heard numerous stories and saw some myself on how few people jumped into the beautiful puddle of love and wet themselves. It teaches you a lot about love and people. Matrics will most probably be the reason why the next time you choose your better half, you'd be extra  cautious. Even those who had no love interests in matrics could learn from others who were once very much in love and be like, "Better not screw up like them".HarHar But having said that, if you're still together with your matrics sweetheart, then I'm more than happy. God bless you. Good Job.

7. Less freedom
 Matriculation has very tight rules when it comes to outings and curfews. In JMC, girls and boys had different outing days, meaning me and my girlfriends having only one set of genitals could only go out on one day of the weekend. But oh my, the different excuses we'd come up with just to go out on both Saturday and Sunday was where the fun was. We'd fill up forms saying that we are vegetarians and there is no vegetarian food on campus. Thus, we have to go out to eat *insert puppy dog face* But we all know that the moment we were out of that place, we are going straight to KFC and getting ourselves some hot and spicy chicken. 


8. Joining programs
This is where you learned to upgrade your soft skills. Matrics is where you test your leadership skills, build up that confidence and learn a bunch of new things. Basically, matrics is where you learn to take over the world with style. 


9. The exams
SPM seemed like a child's play after I sat for the matrics exams. Like bruh why? But one good thing about this was that it taught me to prepare myself because most probably exams in university will be tougher and yeah I was right. Exams in university is difficult. If I made a song about these exams, it will be called [I stu'died'], a song by dheephikha ft sobs and special appearance by Lil McDepression. However, everything is a learning experience and matrics most definitely prepared me for all the exams I almost failed.   

10. We manage time like a BOSS
Matrics is very packed. 8 to 5 lectures, tutorials and labs. Piles of assignments and lab reports. Plus, extracurricular activities. There was barely time for us to breathe. And yet, we manage time so well that despite having so much to do, we still binge watched our favourite series, played some futsal, had epic birthday celebrations, organised jaw-dropping programs and the list goes on. Looking back from where I am now, I'm always at awe thinking about how did we manage to do so many things in such a short time? Matrics goes by so fast like I just walked from one class to the another and BOOM, matrics is over bye bye y'all can go back now. 


I could only write 10 points because after each point, I waste about 15 minutes thinking bout all the things that I did in matrics and in order to prevent me taking 10 hours to write this, I have shortlisted to 10 points only.

Now comes the part which is a must to read:
 People have said many things about matriculation and most of it not so good. But one thing we have to remember is that, people will never stop talking and the only thing you can do is stop listening. Just remember that every event and opportunity in life is a learning experience regardless of whether its good or bad.
 SPM results will be out soon and if you are offered Matriculation, take it or not but make sure to do what you feel you'd be happy about. But trust me when I say, the experience and memories you get from Matriculation is priceless and cannot be obtained elsewhere. Okay enough emotional blabber.

If you could relate to this, do let me know in the comments and share it. Help a sistah will ya. And also, let me know why your matriculation life was the best or if it wasn't that good. LET ME KNOW I WANT TO KNOWW.

Okay bye.

Follow meh on twittah and ainstahgramh. Links at the top bar. 

With little bit of love,
Dheephikha



 

Share:

18 comments

  1. Hey....I HATE YOU!!! FOR MAKING ME CRY!!!!! I'M A BOY BUT.....boys do cry.....I HATE YOU!!!! *sob*sob*sob*sob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing ur experience, me too, having the same experience and feelings here, i really miss the moments in matric. For ur information, there r 6 of us in a room, 5 bumi and 1 chinese(me), after experiencing 2 sem in uni, i find out i could get along better with them compared to those who r of the same races. Although we came from different places and study in different uni but we still keep in touch~BFF����
    True friendships are not bound and limited by family background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats realy nice. Glad you had such a wonderful experience. Have fun with your friends!

      Delete
  3. You remind me of my matric days (which was 11 years ago!) and made me smile alone at my office desk! Too many memories - ups and downs. Matric was the first time I had C- for exam in my life! My first love and my first heartbreak. Enough said! Lol. Thanks for sharing! Have a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this. It made me smile. :) Have a great day too!

      Delete
  4. Studying in matriculation is the best thing happen in my life...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh i can totally relate to this. I recently finished my matric prgrm (kmpp) and now moving on to degree at usm. Ahhh good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the juniors are also having a good time. Good luck in USM!Have fun there too.

      Delete
  6. Hi junior..huhu..im reallyyyy miss JMC..almost 7 yrs since i left JMC..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey senior! 7 years?? That's longggg. Hope you're having a good day.

      Delete
    2. Actually not 7, but 9 years already 😨😨😨..im from batch 2007...omg..so old meh...

      Hope u too having a good dy..😊😊😊

      Delete
  7. we are in the same boat, sistah! Matric was one of my best life best memories. So much memories. Masuk kakom lagi. My birthday prank was twice, one done by my rummates, anothe done by my girlfirends. Tergelak aku baca blog ni sebab ter flashback kmj 4 years ago :'( Sedih bila nak kena tinggalkan kmj tapi hidup kena teruskan. Sekarang sambung master, wish me luck :') Now cant help myself from drenched into those memories :') best nye ya Allah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy glad I could bring back your memories. Yes I agree those memories are definitely one in a million. The birthdays and so on. Good luck for your master, sis! Hope you grad asap! Have an awesomeeeee day!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the useful information. Right on. It's more informative and easy to understand. Thanks a lot such a nice guideline.

    We believe in the motto ”learn and develop while playing”. Your tiny tots get the learning experience with creative and play way of coaching. Located in Chennai we are the best school in Vyasarpadi and best school Perambur.

    The Best School in Perambur
    The Best School in Vyasarpadi

    ReplyDelete