Movie Animation Park Studios (MAPS) Perak - Full review

 Edited: As of 18/8/17, the dream zone is still closed. According to the staff, it might be opened by the end of August 2017. But the Space explorer and Wormhole technologies have been opened!

Hey guys!  So recently a new theme park opened in Perak on the 26th of June 2017. I visited it on the first day of opening and I've prepared this post to give y'all an insight on the MAPS. I will be separating this post in three parts; specification, pros and cons. Leggoooo

1. Specifications

The park is located in Meru Raya, Ipoh, Perak. 




There is a total of 6 different zones (which I will explain in detail later on) . Each zone has its own theme, games, rides, restaurants and souvenir shops. However, when I went there one of the zones were closed and das not good. Even in the zones that were open, some rides were still under technical testing. I guess cause it was the soft opening so that's what you can expect. 

Zone 1: Animation Square Zone

This zone was like a walkway with many shops and interesting looking buildings. There were many shops and restaurants and more places to waste money lol. One of the interesting places in this zone is the 4D theater which played a BoboiBoy movie. It was about 12 mins long and it was really interesting. The effects felt real with water squirting and sudden air blown to your neck (freaky but fun). There was another ride but it was closed sobs. 









Zone 2: Dream zone 

IT WAS CLOSED GRR

Zone 3: Blast off zone

This zone has a Smurf themed area which is actually only suitable for kids. There's a smurf theater which made me feel like I was watching a kids show aka it was not fun. Adults please don't waste your time here,  you will not enjoy it.   There was a cute little smurf house which was a nice place to take pictures but other than that mehhh. The bumper car section was fun though. 








Zone 4:  Live action zone

One of the main attraction here was the Stunt Legends. It was a bomb stunt show with awesome looking cars and motorcycles. I truly enjoyed it and was really lucky to be the first batch to see the show 😀
But yeah, that's the only thing in this zone. 








Zone 5: Lakeside zone

This was one of the extreme zones aka one of the super fun ones. There are three rides here but I could only go on two cause the other one was closed SIGHHHHHH.  The rides are Space explorer (I didn't go on this),  Hyperswing (it was like a swing.... But extreme...) and finally Asteroid Attack (aka the hammer).  Almost got a heart attack on the asteroid attack. However, this has got to be my favourite zone cause I live the dangerous life. Yes. 








Zone 6: Fantasy Forest Zone

This zone was very jungle themed. It also had caves and tree houses. Hence the name "Fantasy Forest". There are few rides in this zones but mostly children would enjoy it. There was one ride I think it was the "Zygo's Crystal Quest" which was really fast and exciting. The Cave of wonders had cool artifacts which were kind of out of context but I guess it's fine. 


















So that was the rough summary on the attractions in each zone. Now, for the pros and cons. 

Pros:

1. FINALLY  A THEME PARK IN PERAK YAY

2. The staff were really friendly and helpful.

3. Free parking (at least when I was there)

4. AMAZING FREE WIFI. The connection was so fast and all you got to do is login either with your email or facebook. (Edited: 18/8/17 THE WIFI SUCKED. Couldn't login at all jeez)

5. The rides are OK.

Cons:

1. Tickets are expensive. Go check out their website (
https://ticketing.mapsperak.com)

2. There are not enough rides!  I NEED MORE. 

3. Outside food and drinks were not allowed. But the price of food and drinks inside was crazy expensive. A can of soft drink was RM6.00 and a mineral water bottle was RM3.50! 

4. There are too many restaurants and shops which I feel is a waste of space and money. There is a total of 13 restaurants and 7 retail shops. It makes sense if each zone was to have one restaurant but each zone I has 2-3 restaurants which is ridiculous. I did not spend so much money on the tickets just so that I can come to the park and spend more money inside. 

5. So many rides and places were still closed. That made it difficult for me to give a full fledged review. 

And that is the end of this post. If you have other questions, leave a comment below and I will definitely try to answer it. 

With little bit of love, 

Dheephikha 


Share:

4 comments