Theri Movie Review


Theri 2016 Movie Review

Theri came out early in Malaysia and Singapore before the release in India so we got to watch them earlier!
Okay, lets get going with the review.

Plot: The plot was quite predictable. It was predictable from the trailer itself. However, Atlee took a predictable story and added a special touch and made it super entertaining. Obviously the audience knew what's gonna happen, like bruh we knew where you're going to, but I wasn't bored at all. The action part, however, was too exaggerated. I thought we have passed the "hero punches once but all rowdies fly and fall" part in Tamil movies. But we all know that Vijay is a superhero so it's acceptable. This movie is a perfect mix of humour, action, love and sadness. I laughed like crazy, shed a few tears and cringed at every fight scene. A movie that can make me feel so much is definitely a good one. 

Cast: VIJAY killed it. Murdered it. Freaking slaughtered his role. He looked amazing, danced amazing and delivered his role really well. His daddy role with Nainika was so adorable. Nainika wow. At such a young age, she fulfilled her role adequately. Amy Jackson's role was a tad bit small but prominent still. Samantha was so gorgeous. She played her role well and her chemistry,biology, physics and all with Vijay was wonderful. I loved them together. The villain, Mahendran, DAMMNN SON! He was an amazing negative role who made me so angry for being annoyingly villain-y. Also, the presence of Rajendran just made me 10 times happier. I probably cheered more for him than the main actors. Overall, cast was on point and they did an outstanding job. 

Music: Jithu Jiladdi is definitely a dance number. Deva's voice paired with GV's music and that beat though. Mind-blowing, head-banging, leg-shaking number.
Eena Meena teeka was super adorbs too. Plus the song has great beat.
En Jeevan is going to be my go-to love song definitely.
My favourite is the theme music. It was bombdiggity. I'm gonna play it at my wedding.
Other songs were all good too but didn't really stick to my mind after the first listen. But still amazing work GV.

Visuals: I usually don't talk bout this aspect of movies but the visuals and camera work in this movie was tremendously good. The music videos were all extravagant and elaborately beautiful. The whole movie was so colorful, even the fight sequences. The overall vibes that the movie delivered was so refreshing and such a eye candy.

Overall verdict : 4.15/5.00, It was theri-ffic. 

Share:

1 comments

  1. Thanks for the headstart ✌ wil watch out for more reviews frm u - fairly odd

    ReplyDelete