Things that happen when there is no water supply.

Selangor has a water shortage currently. Somehow, UKM will always be the first to be affected. Again. UKM is like the Katniss Everdeen of the Hunger Games. Whenever there is a water shortage, UKM will be like "I VOLUNTEER. TAKE MY WATER,INSTEAD!



Honestly, the amount of times I went to search for water throughout my three years in UKM is definitely more than the amount of times I actually went to class. So, I have compiled few things that happens when there is no water especially in universities. Have fun!

PS: This is a fairly short post cause I need to pee and the toilet with WATER SUPPLY  is 10 kms away.
 
1. The panic.

There are two types of panic. One is when you're friend tells you that there is no water. Two, is when you need to pee urgently and realise there's no water. Number two is literally what my nightmares are made of. I mean, where am I to dispose this extra pee now? What am I to do? I can't absorb it back. 

Yeap

2. Adding "water search" into your schedule

Okay so my class is at 9.00 am and I need to get up at 7.30 am to go see whether block B has water or not. Wait, what if block B has no water and I need to walk all the way to block C? Better wake up at 7.00 am then. I am so used to waking up at 8.30 am for a 9.00 am class, DO YOU UNDERSTAND MY STRUGGLE?

That is me being all majestic and finding for water. And yes, that is how UKM looks like when there is no water!

3. Going to class is 106x harder

ARGHH. It's already a miracle I go for morning classes and now you telling me that I have to walk 200 m to go bathe and then go for class? WHAII? Actually, not only class but any outside activities become a burden when there is no water. I don't wana waste my energy and find for water to bathe so that I can go out and get sweaty and have to bathe again. 
I
I totally understand you, Pikachu. I geddit bruh.

4. IT IS SO HOT

So in my college, there is only one block that has water which is about 200 m away from my room. By the time I bathe and walk back, I'm already sweating. Why did I even bother bathing in the first place? My body being so effing ungrateful like I just walked so far to clean you and now you are producing sweat to destroy all my effort? RUDE. Honestly though, the only uninterrupted water flow is the sweat from my body. All day errday. 



5. People asking "Did you bathe?"

Are you seriously asking me if I've bathed when you know there is no water ? I barely have water to wash my booty and you asking me if I have bathed? THE NERVE! Now, I'm all awkward cause I have to admit that I didn't bathe and the only reason I'm smelling good is cause I drowned myself in a bottle of perfume. The next time someone asks me this question, I'm gonna smack their face and when they cry like a baby, I'll bathe in their tears. #thuglyfe  

STOOPID 
6. Super long queues 

So there are like 16 toilets and 16 showers that will always have water supply even during water shortages and it's for about 400 of us. SO, you can imagine how long the queue to bathe will be. I think if by next week, the water supply doesn't come back to normal there is going be a person in front of the bathroom to give out tickets so people don't fight for the toilets/showers. "Number 2022, please proceed to shower no.4" 
The queue in front of the bathroom is bigger than the queue to get free vouchers at Pizza hut. Pfft

A really big queue. Geddit? LOLs I'm so funny


I've done so many weird things when there was no water. Once, I took a bus with my pail and towel to go bathe in a different college. A FREAKING BUS. Zero effs were given to all those staring. And also, once me and my friends had to drive to another college to bathe an wash our clothes and on our way back, we met in an accident and there was wet clothes everywhere. #struggles

 
So these are the 6 things that happen when there is no water. DO let me know in the comments below on your water-related experiences. 

Disclaimer: I get that many people around the world need to go further than 200 m to get water and I am definitely grateful in that wise. Therefore, for those who are sitting right next to a fully equipped toilet with an uninterrupted flow of water, just remember that you are so damn lucky. 

Heeee. okay so if you could relate to these facts then do let me know in the comments cause I love it when people can relate to what I write and it makes me all smileyyy. Thank you for reading.

Follow meh on twittahh (@dpkaOfficial) and ainstahgraaammm (@fairlyodd_dpka) or click the links at the top bar to see more amazingly boring things from me. 

Okay byeeee

With little bit of love,
Dheephikha

Okay bye.

Share:

2 comments

  1. 100% agreed with u dpka. My uni(UPM) is also affected with this water shortage. Luckily, my faculty has many bathrooms to accommodate to nearly 500 of us in my college. Hopefully, water comes back real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got back my water supply todayyy! hope you get yours soon!

      Delete