Eleanor and Park Book Review ( No Spoilers!)


Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

This book is a contemporary novel. It is about Eleanor and Park, two misfits who fall in love. Eleanor is a Danish+Scottish 16 year old with bright red hair and a plump figure. Park is also a 16 year old who is half Korean and knows some kickass Taekwondo moves. Eleanor has a broken family where her stepdad practically tortures her mom, her siblings and herself. The story is about how Park and Eleanor fall in love despite the huge difference between them. 

How I felt: I loved the development of the story. The way they fell in love and the first time Park held Eleanor's hands were all very sweet. Rowell managed to portray the characters very elaborately that I was able to visualise them well in my head. Whenever Eleanor would have one of her insecure moments, Rowell made me feel it too. The times when she doubted Park annoyed me. Basically it made me feel a whole lot of feelings and I love when books do that. Its a norm for movies to make you feel so much but only a really good book can make you feel a certain way. Also, their love story was super cute! I couldn't put this book down solely because of this. I'm not a big fan of contemporary novels because they somehow have the same storyline. This story also has a cliche storyline but the delivery is what makes it worthy. Eleanor and Park is such a simple love story but it creates a web of feelings which almost makes you overprotective on the two protagonists.

However, I HATE HATE HATE the ending. I hate it so much that it kinda ruined all the good parts of the book. I am not gonna say why and spoil it for you but it irks me so much that Rowell chose an ending like that which doesn't make ANY sense. I hope there will be a sequel or something to set it right and so I can sleep better at night.

Overall, yes I would recommend it to you just because it is the most adorable love story I've ever read and it has some real amazing moments. The ending will annoy you (unless you're a sadist) ahha.

Let me know if you have read this and how do you feel about it?

Follow me on instagram (@fairlyodddpka) and Twitter (@dpkaOfficial) to see all the nonsense I do. 

Okay bye.

With little bit of love,
Dheephikha

Share:

2 comments

  1. Hi Deepika! First of all I lvoe your blog and secondly i totally agree with you on this book! everything was perfect till the ending! Keep up the good work and hope you can visit my blog too! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mavinia! Ikr. I really hope there will be a part two or something. And thank you for your encouraging words. I will definitely check yours out but do leave me your URL. Thanksss!

    ReplyDelete