Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare- Review

Lady Midnight review


I waited 10 million years for this book to come.

The mortal instrument series is one of my favourite series. And this book,Lady midnight, is a sequel to the main book. Okay let's get going with the review.

Plot: An absolute classic. It had the right amount of family love, romance, scandal, conflict, suspense! That ending tho! Absolute plot twist boom ka boom. It had a usual storyline, nothing out of the ordinary. Meaning, it was somehow same with the main books but more complex. This book had many conflicts which stressed me out so muchhhh but I couldn't put it down. The best part of Cassandra Clare is that she can make anything seem super interesting. She might be writing a book on chicken curry recipes and it'd still be super exciting.

Characters : I always think its impossible to fall in love with multiple people at the same time but Cassie proves me wrong every DAMN time. Pfftt. Also, small note, I might be very much in love with fictional characters who don't exist but its all good. First of all, JULIAN EFFING BLACKTHORN. My baby Jules, my sweet sweet Jules. Numerous times throughout the book I wanted to cradle him in my arms and whisper sweet nothings in his ears. Honestly, Julian is definitely my most favourite person in this book. We always see perfect main characters but Cassie writes about Julian with such fragility that I truly am astonished. He is flawed and yet is poised about it. His flaws become his main strength. God, its so difficult to explain all these without giving out spoilers.   Emma on the other hand was the typical heroin-type being super strong and hard-headed. The other characters also have prominent roles and their presence has significance instead of just being "another" mere character. Cassie also manages to wove a beautiful story which entraps all the characters into a smooth flowing read. Trust me, this book is bomb.

Verdict: This book is a must read to all TMI fans. Mostly because a whole lot of things are revealed in this *coughcoughthelostherondalecough* . Plus, there is a wh0le lot of reference from other TMI books which excites me so muchhhh! Also, Jace, Clary, Simon, Izzy, Magnus, Alec, Tessa and Jem have cameos! And the secret of why parabatais can't fall in love is also revealed. Overall, this is an amazing roller coaster ride of feels! An absolute treat for all TMI fans!


Remember to follow me on all my socialsss. Links at the top bar. 

okay bye

With little bit of love, 
Dheephikha

Share:

0 comments