DIY Sea Salt Spray

You know the days at the beach where you have a cool dip in the sea and when you are back, your hair has that amazing beautiful beachy waves. It looks all natural and makes you feel like a sea goddess. 

Fortunately now, many companies have started producing sea salt sprays which gives almost the same effect as sticking your hair in the sea. Only one down side to it, THE FRIGGING PRICE. Sea salt sprays are so pricey I almost thought they bottled up the damn Atlantic ocean in a bottle and placed on the rack. NA AH. I am not going to pay RM 100 for a small bottle of sea salt spray which mother nature gives for free. 

But since my house is not near a beach and the pipe water in my house does not produce sea water, I can't get my natural beachy waves. But is it possible though? To link the sea to a piping system so that each house gets its own supply of sea water. what no. out of topic. ( Next blog post will be on how to stay focused. pffft)

ANYHOW. I decided to try few recipes in which I made my own sea salt spray which in fact is 100 % naturally organic and is most definitely not RM 100. 

I will be sharing my most successful recipe. The unsuccessful ones we shall forget and burn. *my hair softly sobs*

Things that you will need:

- A spray bottle. Can be obtained easily for RM 2- RM 3
- Salt. Any type will do but if you use sea salt then okay also.
- Lemon. Cause lemon is good.
- Essential oils (any scent, your choice)- So that your spray smells niceeee
- Coconut oil OR Olive oil. Cause they good for you 

LEGGO
There is no fixed amount that must be used. It depends completely on you and what you want to add.
 
1. Mix some salt into some water. The amount must be suitable with the spray bottle. 

2. Add some lemon juice. Strain out the pulp to avoid it getting stuck in your hair. 

3. Add the essential oils and coconut oil/olive oil (not the cooking one). I used an olive oil (brand:Safi) which was specially for hair and since it already smelled pretty good, I opted out the essential oil. If you cant get the scented olive oil, then using the essential oil will be enough. Make sure you use either coconut oil or olive oil to give your hair some of the good stuff too.

4. Shake it properly AND YOU'RE DONE!


How to use it:

Spray the concoction to the end part of your hair and scrunch it with your hands. Go crazy and mess around until you get your perfect messy beachy waves.

One important tip : You can add hair gel to your mixture so that the waves last longer. However, we know how gel makes your hair feel right? You might feel your hair is a little bit paper-y, crunchy and rough. But if you are okay with that then make sure add a little bit of hair gel for a longer lasting effect!

I tried this and it worked pretty well. Try it and let me know. 

Okay byeeee *waves*




With little bit of love,
Dheephikha

 
 

Share:

0 comments