It's a Malaysian thing.

No, this is not going to be a cliche post of how united we are. It will be more on highlighting the things MALAYSIANS do which are special.

1. Using LAH

Yeah yeah. Everyone knows Malaysians use Lah. But am I the only one who uses LAH to kinda soften the sentence. For example, when someone tell you something you don't like and you ask, "Why?" It sounds kinda rude. But when you say , "Why lah?", it sounds more chill and not that rude. Another example, when your friend senju or bojio you, you'll be like,"It's okay". But when you say "It's okay lah", it sounds like you are so sad and disappointed and makes your friend feel guilty as hell. Muahahheheehe



2.  We have multiple accents.

The British have a British accent. The Americans have an American accents. The Malaysians however, have multiple accents completely depending on the situation. 
Eg: 
 At the mamak shop:
 Anneh, roti banjir satu. Mau koli kari.

At a chinese restaurant:
Aunty, saya mau itu kueh tiaw goreng. Tapau ah. Cabai lebih. 

At a Malay stall:
Makcik, nasi goreng kampung satu dengan telur mata. Bungkus. 

At a high end cafe:
Excuse me can I have a cup of tea with a squeeze of lemon and freshly cut grass, please? 

Don't deny the fact that you read each of this in a different accent.


3. We cannot function with only one language

I often find myself in difficult situations to find certain words and I'd usually just replace it with another word from another language. Most Malaysians are bilingual. I am trilingual (pretty sure that word doesn't exist). YAS that's me. I am a blogger who abuses English. Anyhow, whenever I have to write an essay fully in English or Malay, IT SO DAMN DIFFICULT GODDAMMIT.

EG:  Anneh, please bungkus that mee goreng for me.

There's 3 languages in that one sentence. If i were to say it in full English, it'll be " Brother, please wrap that fried noodles for me" Weird af. 

Also, can someone enlighten me what language "tapau" is from? Comment below cause I'm stupid.


4.  Singapore.

We love and hate Singapore at the same time. I always get so annoyed when awesome celebrities go to Singapore but don't stop by at Malaysia? Rude.  You know what's even more annoying? When foreigners don't know where Malaysia is and you have to say,"The one beside Singapore". 
 
Wait why the hell am I talking about Singapore on Malaysia Day? Okay, a little history lesson for y'all. Singapore was a part of Malaysia when Malaysia was formed on 16th September 1963. Singapore left in 1965 cause they rude af. Also, Singapore was named after a Singa which had a lot of pore problems. Hence,it became Singapore. #truestory



5. Public holidays!

Malaysia has so many public holidays because we have so many festivals which is amazing. Every month sure got one public holiday. Here, these are all the holidays you'll be getting in 2017:

 Your welcome.


6. Durian is bae

Rest of the world looks at durian like:


 Malaysians look at Durian like :





7. Our wardrobes are effing diverse

My cupboard is a mini Malaysia itself. I have my baju kurung, Cheongsam and saree all stacked up so beautifully. Have you see a Malay or chinese girl in a saree. GOJES!


8. Drinks in plastic bags.

The best part about this is ikat tepi. Ikat tepi is an invention that should be displayed in museums. It is a device with such delicate mechanics that it took this guy 32 years to be able to use it properly:

I legit laughed longer than I should. I can't even continue writing now.



9.  We love sports

Mostly badminton and football. If you're not in Malaysia, you might not know that Malaysia bagged 3 silver medals in 3 categories at the Olympics for badminton. HOW AMAZING. Lee Chong Wei is basically our badminton hero, HE IS DA BEST OKAY. I won't be surprised if in the future many people name their kids after him regardless if they are Indian, Malay or Chinese. 
"Hi Chong Devi Wei. How are you?"
"Nice to meet you Siti chong wei"
You get what I'm tryna say.

WAIT. DID YOU KNOW MALAYSIA IS KILLING IT AT PARALYMPICS NOW? 3 effing golds! 

Lets not forget about all the other sports that we are awesome at; Squash, diving, sprinting for free stuff. Wait what?

We also have a secret meeting place when any important games are going on. The secret meeting place is "The Mamak Shop" SHHHH don't tell anyone.


10. Petronas Advertisements

If you are Malaysian and you have not watched a single Petronas Ad, are you even a Malaysian? I suggest you binge watch all the ads on Youtube because everything is on Youtube nowadays. Literally everything including my birth video. What? You think I'm joking? This is the link. Go watch it of you don't believe me. (https://youtu.be/TYsvH9cj66M?t=54s

Anyhow, after you watch all the ads and if you didn't shed one single tear, you come and tell me your address so that I can pos laju to you an onion which is the only way to make you cry YOU SOULLESS PERSON. 

Okay what I'm trying to say is that these ads are always so on point and they hit the mark. Amazing really.


11. We love our politicians.
 Kbye. 



So guys, Happy Malaysia Day! We are amazing, Malaysia is amazing! I hope you had fun reading this cause I tried so hard to give you something you've not read before. I may have failed a little but it's all good. Share it cause it's Malaysia day and its a holiday and other people need to read this so they can waste a bit of their holiday too! 

Do leave me your thoughts in the comment box below. Watch my exclusive birth video.
Follow my instagram, twitter and like my facebook page! Links are above in the social tab or just search for "Dheephikha"(Don't forget the H's). Wow so much to  do.

Okay you can stop reading now.




Seriously stop





Bye.






You still reading? 





Okay bye for reals.






With little bit of love,
Dheephikha

 

Share:

4 comments

  1. Wowowow... 😇 😇 😇 aq mmg suka article u la.. 🤗😋

    ReplyDelete
  2. tapau is chinese i guess hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Singapore left in 1965 cause they rude af." I FCKN DIEDDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete