Ok Jaanu Review




Hello fellow readers! Long time no see. I know I've been missing for awhile cause life happened but here I am better than before. (Hopefully)

So today I'm going to share my thoughts on the newly released OK Jaanu. First off, OK Jaanu is a remake of the Tamil movie OK Kanmani. In OK Kanmani, Dulquer Salman and Nithya Menon were the leads whereas in OK Jaanu the leads were Aditya Roy Kapur and Shraddha Kapoor.

Moving on to the review:

I loved OK Kanmani. It is one of my favourite movies to date. I know the story is somewhat predictable but that was what that made me like it so much. For me, two things are important to make me like a movie, 1) It is something out of ordinary and new or, 2) It has a usual/predictable storyline but still managed to keep me hooked. OK Kanmani did just that. I was hooked from the beginning to end. Now, OK Jaanu has the exact same storyline as OK Kanmani BUT I WASN'T HOOKED. In fact, I was annoyed throughout the movie. 

The movie was not horrible, it was still okay but I EXPECTED MUCH MORE GAWDD. I'm sorry I keep on comparing it with OK Kanmani but that's common when you do a remake. The scenes that made me love OK Kanmani were ruined in OK Jaanu. Throughout the movie I was like;


I want more emotion

I'm going to just list down the scenes from OK Kanmani that were murdered in OK Jaanu.

1.
This is the scene after they return from Ahmedabad and he calls her kanmani and she's like "Naan unnaku kanmani ah"

 2. The pregnancy prank



3. This super emotional scene at Ahmedabad.


4. This really cute intro scene


 5. This beautiful scene



These were few of my favourite scenes from OK Kanmani that OK Jaanu failed miserably at.

Let's look at the positives of this movie.

1. Aditya Roy Kapur
2. Aditya and Shraddha's chemistry
3. AR Rahman's music
4. Overall aesthetics of the movie 
5. Aditya Roy Kapur

Well at least they got together this time instead of one of them committing suicide *rolls eyes at Aashiqui 2*

So yeah, that's about it. 

Overall, Not-So-OK-Jaanu.


With little bit of love,
Dheephikha

Share:

0 comments